I hate to admit it but I am awful at remembering the amazing things I do and experiences I have in my everyday life. I’ve tried to overcome this by writing stuff down…Every time something ‘special’ happened I would write it on a piece of paper and put in a a little jar. Guess what..that didn’t work for me.
So I thought I would recap my months here on the blog. That way you know what I’ve been up to and it is a good way for me to keep track and reflect about the things that happened in my life. Let’s start then!
1. I hit a squat PR (personal record) for more reps of 60kg squats. It might not seem like a lot but it was an amazing way to start the year and I was super proud of myself. Slowly getting stronger!
2. I made cookies by myself for the first time ever! It was a very simple and quick recipe for vegan chocolate chip cookies and they were delicious! I was very impressed. I will definitely attempt doing more cookies in the future.
3. Had an amazing night with great friends! It was so good to spend some time with old friends and connect with new ones. There was a really good vibe, lots of dancing and laughing. It really helped me relax from all the work and just have fun.
4. I got a B in a English GCSE! It is required in England for all students to have GCSE English at grade C or above – you usually do this in year 11 (15/16 years old) – however, because I wasn’t in England for my year 11 I had to do it now…which to be honest was a pain because I hated my English lessons! But now it is all over because I got a B. Very pleased about that!
5. MUN 2016 – Model United Nations! For the last months me and a bunch of other people have been organising this event and it finally happened! If you don’t know what the Model United Nations is I highly encourage you to google it because it is very interesting. I’ve had the chance to take part for 2 years now and I absolutely loved it and had an amazing time!
6. I had an incredible weekend in Loughborough with a very special person and I am so grateful for every second of it. I felt so inspired, light and loved. We made adventures out of simple things. We made the best we could with the time we had. We are best friends. I missed him.
7. I read one book. This might not seem like a big deal but for me taking the time to read – which is something I love doing – is a big deal. A few months ago I would always use the excuse that I was too busy to read. But I have turned the things I enjoy into priorities in my life and I have to say…I am much happier!
8. Ate amazing Turkish food in a Turkish (obviously) restaurant. It was soooo delicious! I absolutely loved it! It was great to feel such gorgeous and distinctive flavours again, but it made me miss Turkey so much. I am definitely going back to Turkey again. It just filled my body and soul with enjoy as I remembered all the adventures I had with my friends. Lovely!
This is the end of the first of twelve chapters. I would love to know what you have been up to this month. Did you make cookies? Read a book? Let me know :) See you next time. Lots of Love,
Don’t miss out on this month’s posts:
- What I Ate Today (Vegan) #2
- The Path To a Mindful and Fulfilling Life
- Shake Of The Blues | I’m Back
- Make Yourself A Priority
- 2016 Non – Resolutions
- Sweet 2015